The first #PRontheGO Factory Berlin Workshop is especially designed for Digital Startups and aims to bring them an insight and inspirations into the methods and possibilities of Public Relations.
Key guest lecturer is Andrew Burton, a PR specialist with working stations as Senior Account Director in London and Sydney, now based in Berlin. Andrew worked across major global technology brands and small local start-ups, including Microsoft, Nokia, Disney, Gumtree, Caltex, Visa, Spotify and Optus.
Host is Melanie Marten, founder of The Coup public relations in Berlin and co-founder of the DIY-PR initiative PR ON THE GO.
- The evolution of PR and why it's more important than ever in today's world of two way communication with consumers
- Classic mistakes that are easily made, high profile campaign failures and where they fell down
- Exemplary tech success stories and what you can learn: achieving big ROI through creative storytelling and bold execution
- The basics of PR, press office, media relations, seeding programmes, building a brand story, news hijacking etc.
- The need for integrated comms: why PR works best as part of the broader marketing mix
- The rise of the influencer and modern influencer programmes: best practice and use of other third parties
Find out about:
- Useful sources to grow your editors list
- How to find your own story
- How and when to pitch to an editor
- Tips and tricks to grow your social media network and build a community around your product
- From startup publications to traditional and special interest media - How to extend your media activities and start making sales from PR
AMA (Ask Me Anything):
Andrew Burton and Melanie Marten will provide hand-on tips to your key questions including
- How to communicate your USP in a story
- Which first PR steps to implement by yourself
- Which tools to use to make your communications efforts effective
- How to make the biggest impact according to your budget (global vs local)
Bring your laptops!