The training provides a unique and highly informative perspective on intercultural behavioral practices in business. The seminar focus is on the German-American connection.
The dynamics of ab international vs. a single-culture team or work situation is fundamentally different. Focused training is a must if optimal cooperation, sustained trust and a health flow of productivity on either side of the atlantic are what is expected.
Yet, Germans performing in America or dealing with American clients are often expected to ‘make do’ or even ignore the myriad of potential pitfalls that can arise when work ethics, culturally motivated stress and foreign corporate politics collide.
The seminar provides participants with sure-footed know-how, task-specific performance skills coaching and an expanded perspective on business on either side of the Atlantic.
- The DNA of the USA – differences in corporate culture, business conduct and office ethics
- The American mind: approach & expectations in meetings and negotiations
- The multi-cultural team (creating an atmosphere of collaboration)
- The things that matter: delegating style, praise & critique
- Virtual etiquette & follow up
- Culture-consciousness: trust and collaboration across the atlantic
- Sensitize your performance: communication style, body language and personality
- How to really connect to Americans on a social level
- Staying authentic: integration vs. adaptation
A rich repertoire of know-how and useful information. Simulated situational activities will keep you active and engaged. You will work on your performance style in the German/American context and expand your communication skills and effectiveness with your American partners.